Wednesday, January 11, 2012

We're Having a Girl!

Caleb and I had an ultrasound today. We had to drive down to Ogden to go to a Maternal Medicine office to get an extra in-depth look at the baby. They have better technology and can see things clearer than other ultrasounds.

They started by looking at our baby's heart (our babies will have a higher risk of having heart defects than others because of my heart defects). The heart looked good! Thank goodness. They could rule out any major heart defects, all four chambers were there and the right size as well as the aorta and other main veins and arteries.

They then looked at the other body parts. They measured the arms, legs, belly, and head. The baby is right in line size wise. They also looked at the brain, stomach, diaphragm, kidneys, umbilical cord, and the face (to make sure they didn't have a cleft pallet).

They also of course looked to see the sex of the baby. The technician said she was 100% sure we are having a baby girl :) I am definitely excited since it is what I have been hoping for all along.

When they were trying to look at her face she wouldn't move her hand, she kept sucking on her fingers. Even when the technician would shake my belly to try to get her to move she wouldn't do it. By the end of the ultrasound she had finally moved it enough that we could see her lips and nose and see that everything looked as it should. She just had to be stubborn for a little while :)

When the doctor came in he said that we have a beautiful baby and that she looks perfect :) That is always nice to hear.

I of course couldn't help myself and after the appointment Caleb and I went and bought some bedding to put in the crib, that I have already made him set up, even though the baby isn't due for a few more months :) My excuse that I gave him for putting the crib and dresser together so early is that I'm sure he'd rather do it now before the semester starts than me bugging him to do it while he's busy trying to study. (Since the baby is due right after finals.)

Here is a picture of the crib:


Without the bedding of course.

Here is a picture with the bedding:



Another picture of the bedding so you can actually see it:


Here is a picture of the dresser, just because:



And that is our baby update! I am sure I will have more to say when I start getting lots of cute stuff for my baby girl :)

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I made Bret set up the baby stuff over Christmas Break and I thought it was early!haha I think it makes it seem more real when you look at a crib everyday. So exciting. I am so glad that your baby is growing very healthy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete