Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baby Hansen #1

Hi everyone!

I have not blogged for a LONG time. I have been slacking I suppose, but I got a new job which has kept me very busy.

I also have a confession to make. The last time I blogged I said I wasn't pregnant, and apparently that was a lie. An unintentional one, since I didn't know I was pregnant yet. But either way, I still was.

Caleb and I are very excited to be parents. Even though this was a big surprise and Caleb wasn't so excited at first, he is now on board and we couldn't be more ecstatic. And of course he was still happy at the beginning, he was just nervous about this unplanned adventure. Which, by the way, is due to hit sometime in May since my due date is May 31st.

I have been pretty sick. Whoever came up with the term morning sickness must have never had it because it definitely does not hit in the morning. I would call it all-day sickness. I have been feeling better (I am now 19 weeks), although in the mornings it still takes me a little while to get going and I still feel slightly nauseous for an hour or so. The back pain has now started so I just switched out one thing for another, although I would have to say I prefer the back pain.

We had our first ultrasound around 7 or 8 weeks, and the baby didn't look like anything yet, as you can see in this picture:


It's the little white blob in the dark circle in case you couldn't see it :)

This is what I looked like a week or two after this ultrasound was done:



It isn't the most attractive picture of me, but like I said I had been very sick. And as you can see was starting to show. I believe that was around 9 weeks.

We were able to do another ultrasound at 12 1/2 weeks. This one was very exciting because our baby actually looked like a baby:


Our next ultrasound is next week and we get to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I can't wait! I desperately want a girl, although I feel that we are having a boy, as does Caleb and my mom. I'm just excited to start buying stuff and have forced myself to wait until we know what we're having. After next week I don't think there will be any stopping me! And yes for those worried, such as my husband, I am going to love the baby just as much if it is a boy... But that doesn't mean I can't hope for a little girl to play dress up with :)

Also as a side note: my heart is holding out well. So far there have been no issues and my blood pressure is right where it should be. My cardiologist wants to do an "echo", basically an ultrasound on my heart, when I am about 28 weeks to make sure everything is still ok. At this point everything looks great and I am going to be able to have my baby naturally just like I wanted :) Next week at the utlrasound they are going to take an extra look at the baby's heart to make sure it doesn't have any defects, and around 30 weeks they will possibly have me go over to Primary Children's where they will take an even better and in-depth look at the baby, and the baby's heart, just to make sure everything is ok and I didn't pass on any of my fun stuff.

Oh and here is another picture of the belly that I took last week:



Hopefully I will have time next week to update you all on the sex of the baby! :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, even the ultrasound picture of her is cute!

    ReplyDelete