Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week 12 (Baby #2)

Well here we are again. Round two.

Yes my babies are closer together than most people plan them. But contrary to popular belief, we did plan this pregnancy. With my heart condition we have been told many times they aren't sure how many babies I'll be able to have without first having heart surgery. And that the older I get, the more likely I will need that surgery. So in preparation for this baby, doctor visits were made and tests were done. My heart is still fully functioning and was not affected by my last pregnancy. I was given the green light to get pregnant again. We also of course prayed and visited the temple as well, and felt that it was the right time. I became pregnant that first month, and here we are.

I am now almost 12 weeks. I have had an ultrasound twice at this point. The first time the baby was at the back of my uterus and they couldn't get a clear enough picture to see the size. The only thing they could see was that there was a good heartbeat, and that's really all that matters anyway. The second one they were able to measure the baby to give me a due date, February 1st, and we again saw a good, strong heartbeat.

I have already moved over into my maternity pants. I can still fit in to my other pants if I squeeze and don't button them. But honestly, who wants more pressure on their stomach than necessary when they're pregnant? Certainly not I... hence the maternity pants. Unfortunately all of my maternity clothes were all cold weather, so I had to go out and buy new ones. At least the old ones will still get used since the last trimester of this pregnancy will be in the winter months anyway.

I have had a lot of people ask me if I was more sick last time or this time. Honestly I'm not really sure. I think partly I don't remember because it was almost two years ago, and partly because I blocked it out haha. One thing that has been harder this time is that I feel bad for Lily. Last time if I was feeling sick I could lie down and nap or just veg on the couch. This time Lily suffers if I do that. So even though I think it's about the same sickness, last time I didn't take any nausea medicine and this time I have because it makes it easier to play and take care of my already born baby. One thing that has been better is I am still able to cook. Last time the majority of the pregnancy I was unable to cook, especially meat. But this time I have not had that issue and that has been very helpful.

This time I also seem to be craving more salty things than sugary. With Lily it was sugar all the way, which was weird for me because I generally am not a sugar person. I don't even like chocolate (Gasp! I know, I know). But Lily and Caleb sure do love their sweets. So maybe this baby will take after me and prefer salty things. I guess we will see!

I have already felt the baby "flutter" a few times. I know it is a little early, but I think since I already know what it feels like it is easier for me to detect. It does not happen often, but it's fun when it does.

Well, second trimester here I come! Thanks to everyone who read all my ramblings all the way through! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment